|Date: 7/28/2011 6:55:49 PM|
Modified title chase resumes at Airborne
For immediate release
South Plattsburgh, NY – After a week off, the Ernie’s Discount Tools DIRTcars Modifieds are back in action at Airborne Speedway Saturday.
Defending track champion Patrick Dupree of Saranac Lake, the current point leader, will be seeking his fourth win of the season. The driver of the Saranac Country Store/Wesley Moody Landscaping No. 24 has 23 career wins, tops in the DIRTcar Modified era.
Two former track champions, George Foley of Saranac Lake and Martin Roy of Napierville, QC, are the biggest threat to Dupree’s repeat bid. Foley has two wins in 2011. He trails Dupree 394-352 and holds a slim two-point advantage over Roy. Kris Vernold of Kingsbury and Andy Heywood of Morrisonville, tied for fourth another 28 points back, remain in contention.
“We’re finishing up work on a new car that we hope to have ready for the race coming up in St. Croix (Riverside Speedway, August 13),” Dupree said. “The plan is to race it at Airborne and Syracuse too, if we get it going right. We’ve got to do something to get faster if we can. We’re only a flat tire away from having George and the No. 90 car (Roy) right up to us.”
Plattsburgh’s Robin Wood, like Dupree gunning for a second straight championship, leads the J&S Steel Sportsman standings on the strength of five feature wins. The Sportsmen will be joined on the Aaron’s Night card by the Renegades, Mini Modifieds, Bombers and the Can-Am Vintage Stock Car Association – racy restorations from the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s that will take to the progressively banked half-mile.
Grandstands open at 4 p.m. Admission is $12/adults, kids 12 and under free. Post time is 6 p.m.
1. Patrick Dupree, Saranac Lake 394
2. George Foley, Saranac Lake 342
3. Martin Roy, Napierville, QC 340
4. Andy Heywood, Morrisonville 312
5. Kris Vernold, Kingsbury, 312
6. Pat McGrail, Candiac, QC 309
7. Vince Quenneville, Brandon, VT 304
8. Max Viens, St. Cesaire, QC 300
9. Leon Gonyo, Chazy, NY 291
10.Don Scarborough, Brandon, VT 288
1. Robin Wood, Plattsburgh 378
2. Jamy Begor, Mooers 328
3. Nick Heywood, Plattsburgh 316
4. Bucko Branham, Plattsburgh 314
5. Danny Sullivan, Morrisonville 284
1. Kevin Boutin, Swanton, VT 386
2. Lance Rabtoy, Fairfax, VT 370
3. Robert Gordon, Milton, VT 353
4. Joe Warren, West Chazy 340
5. Josh Terry, Morrisonville 335
1. CJ LaVair, Gabriels 364
2. Speedy Bresette, Peru 358
3. Kris Clark, Keeseville 339
4. Erick Sayles, Lake Placid 333
5. Josh LaPorte, Peru 324
1. Josh Durivage, West Chazy 426
2. Curtis Lagrave Plattsburgh 408
3. Bill Joyal Sr., Ausable Forks 364
4. Johnmichael Breestte, Keeseville 352
5. Rob Sines, Dannemora 318
Contact: Tom Herzig802-882-8131
|Return-to-Airborne Speedway News & Results|