|Date: 11/3/2013 10:22:46 PM|
(Woodhull, NY) For the first time ever the Watson Homestead in East Campbell, NY was the setting for the Annual Woodhull Raceway Awards Banquet.
Track owners, Ted and Brandi White presented checks and hardware to the top ten in the final point standings. In addition several other special awards were handed out to very worthy recipients.
Donnie Lawson was crowned the Track Champion in the Insinger Performance 370 Modifieds, his first ever title in Woodhull’s top division dethroning multi time Woodhull champ, Billy VanPelt. Versatile wheelman of both the pavement as well as dirt, Chris Daugherty chalked up his first ever Woodhull title by claiming the highly competitive NAPA Crate Sportsman Championship. For Daugherty it will be off to the 370 Modifieds in 2K14 where he will be a forced to be reckoned with. Glen Whritenour won his sixth Woodhull S&W Awards and Photos 360 Late Model title after a highly contested season battle with 2012 Woodhull champ, John Waters in a fight that went right down to the last lap of the last night of the year. After many years of trying, Brett Marlatt finally received his hardware as the Joe Willcox Performance Street Stock Champion. After several years of playing the bridesmaid role, Marlatt was able to secure the title after a season long tussle with Teddy Morseman Jr. Brandon Morseman was the only repeat Track Champion as he secured his second consecutive track title in the Signs Plus Mini Stock Division after a season that was filled with consistent top five finishes and wins. Last but certainly not least Jaye McConnell was crowned the 2013 Track Champion in the LaBarron Brothers Repair and Parts FWD Class his first ever track title and with his performance in 2013 there may be many more titles to come. Congratulations to all the 2013 Woodhull Raceway Track Champions.
The gala event started with a social hour followed by a mouth watering professionally catered buffet dinner provided by Corning Catering. Woodhull’s weekly announce duo of Morgan Colegrove and Paul Harkenrider. emceed the event which was attended by hundred’s of drivers, crew members, track personnel and marketing partners.
During the presentations the highlights of the 2013 race season were discussed in addition to plans for 2014 and beyond at the facility. Fourth year track owner, Ted White was quick to point out that the success of the Woodhull Raceway was still in the hands of his dependable staff and his loyal fan and driver base and he looks forward to many more years promoting one of the most successful race venues in the northeast over the past several decades.
In addition supporters of the track are encouraged to follow the Woodhull Raceway track web site over the next several months for any off season news including registration beginning after January 15, 2014 for the Annual Woodhull Raceway Arnot Mall Car Show scheduled for March 22 and 23, 2014. In addition any potential rules meetings that may be scheduled will be posted on the track web site.
The following is a list of the top ten in the final point standings for each class as well as the Rookie of the Year Awards and Sportsmanship Awards for each class. In addition several other special awards were presented.
Insinger Performance 370 Modifieds top ten.
1) Donnie Lawson, 2) Billy VanPelt, 3) Frank Dunning, 4) Joe Dgien, 5) Bob Davis, 6) Steve Hartman Jr., 7) Kenny Peoples Jr., 8) Mike Bills, 9) Eric Fisher, 10) Brian Doolittle.
Rookie of the Year. Josh Nobriga
Sportsmanship Award. Eric Fisher
S&W Awards and Photos 360 Late Models top ten.
1) Glen Whritenour, 2) John Waters, 3) Carl Hughes, 4) Bruce Miller, 5) Cecil LaBarron, 6) Steve LeBarron, 7) Jeremy Wonderling, 8) Jerry Wilson, 9) Jay McConnell, 10) Fred Amann.
Rookie of the Year. Ray Bliss Jr.
Sportsmanship Award. Jerry Wilson
NAPA Crate Sportsman top ten.
1) Chris Daugherty, 2) Ray Smith, 3) Brett Buono, 4) Russ Morseman III, 5) John Hargrave, 6) Connor Brown, 7) Josh Sawyer, 8) Bob Buono, 9) Josh Keesey, 10) Rod Mullen.
Rookie of the Year. Josh Sawyer
Sportsmanship Award. Conner Brown
Joe Willcox Performance Street Stocks top ten.
1) Brett Marlatt, 2) Teddy Morseman Jr., 3) Cory Costa 4) Tracy Dunn, 5) Jeremy Potrzebowski, 6) Kurt Stebbins, 7) Gary Archer, 8) Trevor Tompkins, 9) Allison Pierce, 10) Jeff Smith.
Rookie of the Year. Tracy Dunn
Sportsmanship Award. Gary Archer
Signs Plus of Kanona Mini Stocks top ten.
1) Brandon Morseman, 2) Jason Gleason, 3) Rick Amidon, 4) Brian Grant Sr., 5) Mike Navone, 6) John Hand Jr. 7) Chris Hand, 8) Chad Ayers, 9) Chris Mashewski, 10) James Kriedler III.
Rookie of the Year. Jason Gleason
Sportsmanship Award. Jason Gleason
LaBarron Brothers Repair and Parts FWD top ten.
1) Jaye McConnell, 2) Dan Mitchell, 3) Matt Prescott, 4) Wesley Houghtaling, 5) Carl LeBarron, 6) Alan English, 7) Cody Baker, 8) Nate Freeland, 9) Adam Delgrosso, 10) Amber Pierce.
Rookie of the Year. Dan Mitchell
Sportsmanship Award. Amber Pierce
Quad C (Combined Mini Stocks and FWD)
1) Brandon Morseman, Joseph Birdsall, 3) Dan Mitchell, 4) Carl LeBarron, 5) Matt Prescott, 6) Wesley Houghtaling, 7) Jason Gleason, 8) Jaye McConnell, 9) Rick Amidon, 10) Cody Baker
Dedication to Motorsports Award. Ronnie Towsley.
Perseverance Award. Carl LeBarron
Dust to Glory Award. Joe Dgien
Media Award. Kickin’ Country 105.3 FM in Hornell
|Return-to-Woodhull Raceway News & Results|