|Date: 9/11/2016 12:12:44 PM|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE****THANK YOU.
Presenting Its 59th Season of Thrilling
Micro-Sprint Racing at the
Clyde Martin Memorial Speedway!
You've gotta come out and LIVE the excitement that is Lanco!
Barry Angstadt, Media Information Director/Announcer
Saturday, September 10, 2016
At Lanco's Clyde Martin Memorial Speedway:
600cc Micro-Sprint Feature, 25 laps: 1.Austin Bishop, 2.Chris Gerhart, 3.Ryan Groff, 4.Bradley Brown, 5.Kyle Spence, 6.Heath Hehnly, 7.Chris Panczner, 8.Will Urkuski, 9.Zach Light, 10.Ryan Hook, 11.Nash Ely, 12.Mike Rutherford, 13.Brent Ely, 14.Kelby Stauffer, 15.Amber Oraschin, 16.Chris Oraschin, 17.Kassidy Michael, 18.Patrick Ely, 19.Rebecca LaMothe, 20.Shaun Brandel, 21.Danny Stratton, 22.Jason Sechrist. DNS: Jarid Kunkle.
270cc Micro-Sprint Feature, 25 laps: 1.Mike Rutherford, 2.Kyle Spence, 3.Mike Miller, 4.Nick Skias, 5.Tyler Ulrich, 6.Mike Uhrich, 7.Mike Skias, 8.Billy Logeman, 9.Richie Hartman, 10.Bradley Brown, 11.Nick Sweigart, 12.Brian Sholley, 13.Andrew Dietrich, 14.Heath Hehnly, 15.Dustin Fox, 16.Kyle Weiss, 17.Terry Ellex, 18.Christi Sweigart, 19.Jeff Harnish, 20.Daryl Davis, 21.Anthony Yerger, 22.Dan Lane Jr., 23.Adam Minzer, 24.Toby Blumenshine.
Sportsman Micro-Sprint Feature, 25 laps: 1.Curtis R. Miller, 2.Toby Blumenshine, 3.Mike Miller, 4.Dave Ravel, 5.Dan Lane Jr., 6.Sami Schenck, 7.Sheena Schaefer, 8.Tyler Ulrich, 9.Dave Schroeder, 10.Louie Kirn, 11.Robert Shanaman, 12.Patrick Kirn, 13.Angelo Mercado, 14.Austin Graby, 15.Steve Smith, 16.Brian Kramer, 17.Ava Bellinger, 18.Alan Durham, 19.Kane Rogers, 20.Derek Mountz, 21.Kerry Lengle, 22.Anthony Yerger.
125cc Micro-Sprint Feature, 25 laps: 1.Corey Schmuck Jr., 2.William Manotti, 3.Justin Harrington, 4.Jas Hehnly, 5.Kyler Heiney, 6.Matthew Donley, 7.Sami Schenck, 8.Cody Hibshman, 9.Brandon Stuck, 10.Heather Harris, 11.Walt Wampole, 12.Nate Gibble, 13.Shane Davis, 14.Gary Ellex, 15.Tyler Hershey, 16.Jimmy Wampole, 17.Austin Graby, 18.Brandon Gibble.
Sports n' Turf 250cc Four-Stroke Micro-Sprint Feature, 25 laps: 1.Kyle Spence, 2.Lewis Kepple Jr., 3.Jarrett Imler, 4.Kassidy Michael, 5.Andrew Potts, 6.Zak Vickers, 7.Dave Williams, 8.Eddie Nocera, 9.Cliff Brian Jr., 10.Aidan Jones, 11.Brandon Yoder, 12.Ron Zimmerman, 13.Ron Wechter, 14.Zachary Young.
* Austin Bishop now has a winged 600cc victory to go with his wingless win in Firecracker Frenzy on July 2nd. Bishop, from Elverson, authored a dominating performance on Saturday night, leading every lap of the 600cc main event.
* The 270cc triumph was Mike Rutherford's 5th of the season, but his first since July 16. The victory, along with Bradley Brown's 10th place finish, clinched another 270cc point title for Rutherford and the Kaylor Petro No. 5k team.
* William Manotti's six-race win streak in the 125cc Class was broken on Saturday night. Corey Schmuck Jr. gave himself a belated birthday gift by winning his first career main event. Manotti finished second and extended his point lead over Justin Harrington, who finished third on Saturday.
* Kyle Spence drove Donna Geib's No. 82 in the Sports n' Turf Four-Stroke feature after Geib had eye surgery during the week and asked him to fill in for her. Spence responded by recording his fourth triumph of the season in the Four-Stroke division. Point leader Jarrett Imler finished third to Kassidy Michael's fourth, so Imler will carry a tenuous 29-point advantage into the season finale on Saturday, September 17.
* Spence won a non-stop, green to checker Four-Stroke feature in 5:17.314.
* Curtis R. Miller registered his second Sportsman feature win of the year (and his first since June 11). Sportsman point leader Dan Lane Jr. suffered mechanical problems in his heat race, relegating him to the 22nd and last starting spot for the feature. Lane rebounded by running the top relentlessly and weaving his way to fifth at the end, gaining valuable points on second place Tyler Ulrich, who finished eighth in Saturday's feature. The championship battle is settled, with Lane capturing his first crown at the Clyde.
* With one week to go, it appears that Heath Hehnly is a lock to win his fifth point crown in the 600cc division. Hehnly finished sixth in the main event on Saturday, while Kyle Spence, currently the runner-up in 600cc points, finished just one spot in front of his rival for the championship. Spence gained just four points on Hehnly, leaving him 124 behind - too many to make up in just one night of racing, and that is all that remains on the 2016 Clyde Martin schedule.
* The full race results press release will be distributed on Sunday evening.
|Return-to-Lanco Micro-Midget Racing Club (LMMRC) News & Results|