|Date: 1/3/2010 8:50:26 PM|
NEWS FROM MOTORSPORTS 2010 PRESENTED BY STREETBLAZE 100 RACE CAR & TRADE SHOW
"THE MID-WINTER MOTORSPORTS EXTRAVAGANZA"
AND THE GAMBLERS CLASSIC INDOOR AUTO RACING EVENTS
EVENT ORGANIZER: Len Sammons @ 609.888.3618
MEDIA CONTACT: Ernie Saxton Communications, Inc.
215.752.7797 - Fax: 215.752.1518 - Cell: 267.934.7286 Email: Esaxton144@aol.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PLEASE WITH OUR THANKS
Northeast Top Feature Winners Appearing at Motorsports 2010
OAKS, PA - JANUARY 3, 2010 . . . Get your autographs.
The seven drivers, who topped their respective divisions in the Northeast, will be appearing at Motorsports 2010 presented by StreetBlaze 100 at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, Pa., which is scheduled from January 22-24, 2010.
Ted Christopher, who had the most asphalt Modified wins and most overall in the Northeast, will headline a list of top-division winners on Saturday, Jan. 23.
Christopher will be joined by Tommy Cloce (asphalt Late Model), Tim Shaffer (open cockpit), Matt Sheppard (dirt big-block Modified), Ryan Smith (Micro Sprint Car) and Kenny Tremont (dirt 358-Modified).
They will be signing autographs at the AARN booth from 2:30-4 p.m.
World of Outlaws Late Model Series champion Josh Richards of Shinnston, W. Va., will meet with racing fans and sign autographs on Friday, Jan. 22, from 4-5:30 p.m. at the Area Auto Racing News booth.
A specially-designed poster highlighting each division winner will be unveiled to race fans during Richards’ 90-minute visit and then be available during Saturday's session as well.
Due to other commitments, Richards, who is planning to compete in the ARCA Series race at Daytona International Speedway in February, is scheduled to visit on Friday only.
The top divisional winners will receive $200, plaque and overnight stay in King of Prussia, Pa., if they attend the event. The six drivers taking part in the Jan. 23 autograph signing will be honored on stage during the evening Ms. Motorsports competition.
In addition, Christopher will receive an additional $500 for winning the most feature events.
A brief look at the top feature winners who will be honored at Motorsports 2010:
* Ted Christopher – The Plainville, Conn., captured 24 feature victories this season in six different states. Christopher won racing events indoors and outdoors, aboard Modified stock cars and Three-Quarter Midgets. In a span of five days in Modified action at New Smyrna Speedway, Christopher won four feature races.
* Tommy Cloce - The Canton, N.Y., won 12 countable asphalt Late Model features including the track title at Adirondack (N.Y.) International Raceway. He was named the Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil ASA Member track champion.
* Josh Richards – The Shinnston, W.Va., captured 15 dirt Late Model features in 2009, which was highlighted with his first career WoO LM Series title. Richards opened the season by claiming five feature races with three different series in Florida.
* Tim Shaffer - The All Star Circuit of Champions titlist from Aliquippa, Pa., captured 13 Sprint Car feature events. In addition to the nine series wins, he won major events at Knoxville
Raceway and a World of Outlaws-sanctioned main at Rolling Wheels Raceway.
* Matt Sheppard - The Waterloo, N.Y., resident hounded Super DIRTcar Series champion Brett Hearn all season as he claimed 20 (big-block Modified) main events. His highlight came during Super DIRT Week at the New York State Fairgrounds where he won the Rite Aid 200.
* Ryan Smith – The Kunkletown, Pa., native most recently won an indoor Modiifed Midget main at the Ft. Wayne (Ind.) Expo Center, which added to his already 25-win total in Micro Sprint Car action. Smith won main events at nine different venues in 2010.
* Kenny Tremont – The West Sand Lake, N.Y., resident scored 11 of his 14 victories this past season in 358-Modified action. He won 358-Modified events at Albany-Saratoga Speedway and Devil’s Bowl Speedway.
NASCAR Sprint Cup stars Kasey Kahne and Marcos Ambrose will be signing autographs during the weekend as will NASCAR legend Bobby Allison, NASCAR crew chief Frankie Kerr, NHRA drag racing star Morgan Lucas, Fox and Speed television racing broadcaster Jeff Hammond plus a host of other national, regional and local racing stars and personalities.
Fans and exhibitors looking for lodging should be in touch with the Radisson Valley Forge Hotel for special show room rates.
The hotel offers free parking. Telephone 610-337-2000 or 800-333-3333. Mention the reservation code “Motorsports” to get the special reduced rate while they last. The hotel is located less than 5 miles from the Expo Center.
Details on exhibiting can be had by contacting Danny Sammons or Tim Hogue at 609-888-3618.
Information on the show along with latest news can be found at www.aarn.com. Exhibitor and ticket information can be had at 609-888-3618.