|Date: 6/14/2009 1:25:02 PM|
Wiggle 100 Race results Friday June 12
The Endless Mountains came to life again Friday evening as Redline Raceway played host to another great night of exciting racing action. The regular 5 divisions of stock cars were present to try to tame the 3/8 red clay.
The racing action was presented in part by WIGGLE 100 with Mike Powers and Connie Boyles from the morning zoo crew on hand broadcasting live from the raceway. WIGGLE has been with the Raceway since it began and everyone at the track would like to thank them for coming on board again this season.
After all the qualifying heats were finished it was time for the Mini Stocks to run their 20 lap feature event on WIGGLE 100 Night. Shane Brown from Rome, Pa., with Travis Parks of Troy, Pa., led the 17 Mini Stocks to the green. Brown led early but by lap 3 Eric Ellsworth had moved his 14 machine into the lead. A bit farther back James Kriedler who started 10th on the grid and who has been unbeaten thus far in 2009 at Redline had slid into the third running position by lap 8. At the halfway mark it was Ellsworth still in command with the 4 of Rich Powell right behind in second and Kriedler rounding out the top three. Kriedler made a move off turn 3 on lap 13 to the inside of Powell to take away second spot. The laps were winding down and it looked as if Ellsworth was heading for a win. Kriedler had something to say about that as he went after Ellsworth on lap 17. The front two went door to door and Kriedler edged ahead off turn 4 on lap 18 . James Kriedler went on to take the win staying undefeated in 2009. Eric Ellsworth came home in second with a skipping motor and Rich Powell took a strong third.
The 4 cylinder Hobby Stocks were next to run their 20 lap feature event. The Benjamins times two led the 14 Hobby Stocks to the start. The 44b of Kurtis Benjamin shot out to the lead with Tony Belcher 68 following in second. James Freeman who started 9th made his way to the front placing Benjamin back to second. Lap 5 had some excitement as Benjamin had to battle with Mark Griffin for second. Griffin and Benjamin ran dead even and Griffin took second away on lap 6. Freeman was still out in front at the halfway mark with Griffin and Benjamin running a tight second and third. That would be the battle to watch throughout the remaining laps as Benjamin and Griffin would swap spots until lap 17. Benjamin was able to pull away from Griffin on the back stretch on lap 17. James Freeman went on to take his second feature win of 2009. Kurtis Benjamin with a great run took second and Mark Griffin crossed the stripe in third.
The "Mighty" Modifieds were on deck next on WIGGLE 100 night to run their 25 lap event. Serenity Sutherland from Dundee N.Y. with J.T. McKernan of Towanda paced 17 Modifieds to the green. Sutherland ran out front early but that was short lived as she lost the handle in turn 2 on lap 3. Russ Zimmerman inherited the lead with McKernan following in second. Jason Andrews was making some noise on lap 6 as he powered past McKernan on the back straight for second. J.R. Crouse who started 9th followed along to take third with Dave Calaman also joining the freight train to claim 4th. It was obvious that Crouse was not finished as he went after Andrews on lap 8 coming off turn 4. Crouse with a rocket sled for a race car ran down the leader Russ Zimmerman and took over the lead on lap 9. Andrews made his way to the runner up position on lap 15 placing Zimmerman back to third. Dave Calaman two laps later worked over Zimmerman to take third away bringing Brian Malcolm with him to 4th. Malcolm ran to the inside of Calaman off turn 4 on the 18th lap to take third. Malcolm looked as though he may make a late race charge but bobbled a bit in corner 2 and lost a couple of positions before falling back into line. J.R. Crouse who came so close to winning last time out took his first victory at Redline in 2009. Jason Andrews came home in second with Kevin Hartnett finishing quietly in third. Crouse was quoted as saying "I ran here before a few years ago and I hated the place, I couldn't get my car to turn." "But it seems as everything is coming together now, the track was in great condition second to none."
Next up to bat would be the Nationally Sanctioned I.M.C.A. Modifieds. It would be round two of the I.M.C.A. World Products Empire State Series . 29 I.M.C.A Modifieds signed in but their was only room for 24 cars in the main event. A B main 8 lap dash had to be run. 9 machines ran the B Main with only 4 moving on to the feature event. Rich McNeal, Larry Colton, Chris Flemming, and Victor McNeal advanced to the main event making up the remainder of the 24 car feature field.
The I.M.C.A. Modified feature was set with Eddie Sites and Scott Bennett leading the way to the green. Ed Sites grabbed the lead on the first lap. On lap 5 Scott Bennett ran second with Lyle Smith following in third. A little farther back Mark Griffin was battling with Ray McClure for 4th spot. McClure and Griffin ran dead even, Griffin would move past McClure to take that 4th spot. The very next lap Scott Bennett made a bid for the lead. Bennett passed Sites and took that top position. That lead was short lived as Bennett coming off turn 4 on lap 12 lost the handle bringing out a yellow. That inherited the lead back to Sites with Lyle Smith in second and Griffin running third. The yellow came out two laps later as the 11k of Griffin went up in smoke entering turn 3. The ensuing restart saw Sites as the leader Lyle Smith second and J.J. Courcy moving into third. The front group would battle very hard the remaining laps. Coming off a restart on lap 18 Arkport N.Y. driver Mike Smith was moving up passing by Lyle Smith on the outside taking 4th. Kevan Cook the Empire State Series points leader moved his 3x into second spot on lap 20 with the 96 of Smith right behind in third. Yellow fell again on lap 22 which set up a shoot out to the checkers. Sites took the green with Cook and Smith right behind. Smith made a move outside of turn 4 to get around Cook to take second. Sites had Smith applying heavy pressure for the remaining two laps. Smith tried high and low but Sites shut the door to stave off the 96. Coming off turn 4 for the checkers Smith tried hard to run down Sites but Eddie Sites held on to take his first victory in 2009. Mike Smith took a hard charged second and Kevan Cook finished a strong third.
Last but not least were the Pure Stocks. Bobby Maynard with Jesse Kent took the 18 car field to the green. Maynard shot out early but had trouble in turn 4. The restart had Kent the leader with Chad Ely outside. Brad Butcher in his 61 ran down the leaders and took the point on lap 3. That is how the front machines ran until lap 12. Benjamin ran past Butcher to take the top position Butcher second and Ernie Martin who started dead last moved into third. With just 5 laps remaining Benjamin, Butcher and Martin made in a 3 car break away for the lead. Martin was trying to work over Butcher for second spot as he moved inside off turn 4 to take second away. Martin on the final lap made a run at Benjamin. The front two machines crossed the stripe and Benjamin by less than half a car length took his first win of the year. Ernie Martin came home in second coming up from the last position and Brad Butcher had a great run taking third.
Redline Raceway will be in action again this Friday evening. It will be Ken Buck Memorial night and there will be an autograph session at intermission. This will give the fans a chance to meet their favorite Redline stars up close. The drivers will bring their machines up to the parking area and the fans can get pictures and autographs. Warm ups start at 7 qualifying at 8. Gates open at 5. Do not forget that Redline does have the family plan again this season. 20 dollars will get two adults with their minor children into the races. Thanks again and we will see you at the races!!!!!!!!!!!www.redlineraceway.net. 570-673-3176 570-364-8384 (race day)
WIGGLE 100 Race Night Results:
Heat Winners: Gregg Turner, Eric Ellsworth
1. 79k James Kriedler, Dundee, N.Y.
2. 14 Eric Ellsworth, Troy, Pa.
3. 4 Rich Powell, Rome, Pa.
4. 30 J.R. Bush, Elmira, N.Y.
5. 9 Josh Collins, Columbia Cross Roads, Pa.
6. 6 Ben Hulslander, Granville, Pa.
7. 00x Gregg Turner, Sayre, Pa.
8. 11 Jake Snell, Towanda, Pa.
9. 31 Shane Brown, Rome, Pa.
10. 20 Billy Groover, Troy, Pa.
11. P2 Travis Parks, Troy, Pa.
12. 95 Mike Navone, Canton, Pa.
13. 66k Kenneth Raymond Sr. Burlington, Pa.
14. 7 Curt Baumunk, Troy, Pa.
15. 81 Chad Roberts, Rome, Pa.
16. 23 Dusty Snell, Towanda, Pa.
17. 68 Ed Navone, Canton, Pa. (DNS)
4 cylinder Hobby Stocks:
Heat Winners: Tony Belcher, Kurtis Benjamin
1. 8 James Freeman, Westifeld, Pa.
2. 44b Kurtis Benjamin, Rome, Pa.
3. 11 Mark Griffin, Canton, Pa.
4. 57 Harry Ely, Wyalusing, Pa.
5. 47 James Belcher, Wyalusing, Pa.
6. 51 Wayne Miller, Athens, Pa.
7. 14 Cody Baker, Troupsburg, N.Y.
8. 7 Mike Ely, Wyalusing, Pa.
9. 21 Rick Sinsabaugh, Waverly, N.Y.
10. 10 Tyler Belcher, Wyalusing, Pa.
11. 62 Brandon Hillyard, New Albany, Pa.
12. 68 Tony Belcher, Wyalusing, Pa.
13. 4b Kenny Benjamin, Rome, Pa.
14. 16 Andrew Doorman, Wyalusing, Pa.
Heat Winners: Russ Zimmerman, Josh Pursell
1. 8jr J.R. Crouse, Nazareth, Pa.
2. 24x Jason Andrews, Leighton, Pa.
3. 55 Kevin Hartnett, Granville, Pa.
4. 119 Brian Malcolm, Lake Ariel, Pa.
5. 13z Dave Calaman, Monroeton, Pa.
6. 71 Russ Zimmerman, Tunkhannock, Pa.
7. 3x Chris Shupp, Tunkhannock, Pa.
8. 169 Josh Pursell, Owego, N.Y.
9. 14a Brian Franko, Dalton, Pa.
10. 37 Serenity Sutherland, Dundee, N.Y.
11. 34 Trevor Sutherland, Dundee, N.Y.
12. 1H Terry Hough, Savona, N.Y.
13. 21x Eric Williams, Horseheads, N.Y.
14. 832 J.T. McKernan, Towanda, Pa.
15. 9cat Tony Harris, Painted Post, N.Y.
16. 19 Brent Boyer, Bloomsburg, Pa. (DNS)
17. 55x Bobby Silvernail Gillette, Pa. (BF)
I.M.C.A. Modified Empire State Series
Heat Winners: J.J. Courcy, Eddie Sites, Mike Smith, Kevan Cook
B Main Qualifiers: Rich McNeal, Larry Colton, Chris Flemming, Victor McNeal
1. 15 Ed Sites, Monroeton, Pa.
2. 96 Mike Smith, Arkport, N.Y.
3. 3x Kevan Cook, Constantia, N.Y.
4. U2 Gary Roberts, Afton, N.Y.
5. 6 Lyle Smith, Elkland, Pa.
6. 3h Howard Jones, Groton, N.Y.
7. 14s Sonny Terry, Monroeton, Pa.
8. 18s Scott Bennett, Waverly, N.Y.
9. 31 Victor McNeal, Troy, Pa.
10. 2c Bruce Tinsley, Gillette, Pa.
11. 66 Wayne Baldwin, Troy, Pa.
12. 4 J.J. Courcy, Mexico, N.Y.
13. Six Mike Wilbur, Spencer, N.Y.
14. 13 Larry Colton, Troy, Pa.
15. 32 Tyler Stoddard, Binghamton, N.Y.
16. 2L Jerry Lobdell Jr., Freeville, N.Y.
17. 86 John Ritter, Troy, Pa.
18. 10 Chris Flemming, Union Springs, N.Y.
19. 11k Mark Griffin, Canton, Pa.
20. 68 Rich McNeal, Troy, pa.
21. 15m Ray McClure, Troy, Pa.
22. 01 Josh Sawyer, Lindley, N.Y.
23. 36 Pete Neff, Newfield, N.Y.
24. 27 Don Cole, Canton, Pa.
Heat Winners: Nick Robinson, Bobby Maynard
1. 84 Jason Benjamin, Towanda, Pa.
2. M13 Ernie Martin, Troy, Pa.
3. 61 Brad Butcher, Granville, Pa.
4. 29 Bobby Maynard, Towanda, pa.
5. 15 Nick Robinson, Cheming, N.Y.
6. 33 Ed Hulslander, Troy, Pa.
7. 57 Chad Ely, Wyalusing, Pa.
8. 11 Lee Vinson, Troy, Pa.
9. 711 Rick Hand, Waverly, N.Y.
10. 72 A.J. Potrzebowski, Elmira, N.Y.
11. 13 Doug Colton, Troy, Pa.
12. 24 Dave Roberts, Troy, Pa.
13. 3 Shannon Oswald, Troy, Pa.
14. 94 Bobby Hall Jr., Athens, Pa.
15. 1x Steve Wren Jr., Van Etton, N.Y.
16. 26 Jessie Kent, Horseheads, N.Y.
17. 93 Bobby Hall, Ulster, Pa. (MBF)
18. 28 Jason Sullivan, Towanda, Pa. (DNS)