|Date: 9/18/2016 11:08:39 AM|
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2016
SUSQUEHANNA SPEEDWAY RACE RESULTS
DARREN MILLER GETS FIRST SUSQUEHANNA 305 SPRINT WIN
Kirby Sites, Justin Wagaman, Brett Arndt and Dennis Dorosz also Score Wins
By Brad Vores for Susquehanna Speedway
YORK HAVEN, PA 9/17/16
Darren Miller started on the pole of Saturdayís 25-lap PASS/ IMCA 305 Sprint car feature at Susquehanna Speedway and dominated the race to capture his first ever win at the track.
Miller, who won earlier this season at Williams Grove Speedway, had to keep fellow front row starter Donnie Hendershot at bay during the entire 25 laps before becoming the fifth different division winner this season.
It took four attempts to get the feature underway as three separate red flags stopped action.
Ken Duke, Jr., the winner of the Labor Day 305 sprint main at the track was the first flip victim while Cale Reigle left the speedway on the ensuing restart. Ryan Stillwaggon would bring out the third red flag. All three drivers walked away uninjured.
With the cars then lined up single file, Miller, of Mount Joy, PA grabbed the lead and never looked back in taking the win over Hendershot, Johnny Martin, one-time winner John Barrnett and Kyle Ganoe with 17th starter Stephanie Dodson finishing sixth ahead of 18th starter Colby Dice, 15th starter Rick Stief, 23rd starter Billy Ney and Geroge Riden.
Heats for the 31 305 Sprints were won by Barnett, Reigle and Hendershot while Dave Grube won the consolation.
Kirby Sites was awarded the win in the 20-lap Xtreme Stock feature after apparent winner Michael Smithís car failed post race tech. Sitesís win was his second of the year.
Alex Updegraff, who started 12th was second over Brian Rehbein, Cameron Benyou and Ronnie Buck.
Davey Nestor and Howard Williams were heat winners for the 16 car field.
Justin Wagaman made it back to back wins in Road Warrior action as he led all 15 laps to pick up the win over Travis Brown, 11th starting Justin Cardasso, Ricky Weaver and Lee Redman. Wagaman also won the heat race for the 16 cars.
Brett Arndt took the lead from Ryan Greth on lap eight of the 20-lap ARDC Midget feature and rolled to the win. Greth would bring out the yellow on lap 10 when he hit the wall.
Brenden Bright finished second over Alex Bright, Jim Radney and Tommy Kunsman.
Greth and Alex Bright won heats for the 14 ARDC cars.
Dennis Dorosz led all 10 laps of the Mini Van feature to win over Daryl Sipe, Thomas Thompson and Ken Boose.
Susquehanna Speedway will be in action twice this week beginning with the Justin Snyder Salute to the Troops BAPS Coatins & Supplies 410 Sprint Series event Thursday night, September 22nd. The 410 Sprints will be going after $5,000 to win with time trials setting the lineups. The PASS IMCA 305 Sprints are also on the racing card. Gates open at 5PM with Racing at 7PM.
The Credit Connection Auto Sales Super Sportsman return to the track for Saturday, September 24th racing action joined by the 358 Late Models, Street Stocks and Road Warriors. Pits open at 4PM, grandstands at 5PM and Racing at 7PM.
Fans are reminded to check out www.susquehannaspeedway.net for the latest news and results and follow Susquehanna Speedway on Twitter and Facebook.
SUSQUEHANNA SPEEDWAY RACE RESULTS 9/17/16
PASS/IMCA 305 SPRINTS (25 LAPS)
1. Darren Miller, 2. Donnie Hendershot, 3. Johnny Martin, 4. John Barnett, 5. Kyle Ganoe, 6. Stephanie Dodson, 7. Colby Dice, 8. Rick Stief, 9. Billy Ney, 10. George Riden, 11. Ian Cumens, 12. Geoff Gill, 13. Scott Ellerman, 14. Randy Kaylor, 15. Dave Grube, 16. Kirsten Hess, 17. Zach Newlin, 18. Jay Krout, 19. Nathan Gramley, 20. Jaremi Hanson, 21. Brandt Cook, 22. Ryan Stillwaggon, 23. Cale Reigle, 2. Ken Duke, Jr.,
Did Not Qualify: John Bordlemay, Kassidy Kreitz, John Fiore, Alex Potosky, Erin Statler, Cody Hackenberry, John Walp.
XTREME STOCKS (20 LAPS)
1. Kirby Sites, 2. Alex Updegraff, 3. Brian Rehbein, 4. Cameron Benyou., 5. Ronnie Buck, 6. John Frye, 7. Howard Williams, 8. Dan Snyder, 9. Jeff Waltz, 10. Mallory Duvall, 11. Michael Smith, 12. Kyle Emig, 13. Kody Sites, 14. Tonya Lance, 15. Jerry Blauch
Did Not Start: Davey Nestor
ROAD WARRIORS (15 LAPS)
1. Justin Wagaman, 2. Travis Brown, 3. Justin Cardasso, 4. Ricky Weaver, 5. Lee Redman, 6. Mike Hedstrom, 7. Daryl Sipe, 8. Sam Barge, 9. Ken Boose, 10. Ryan Underkoffler, 11. Robbie Carroll, 12. Dennis Dorosz, 13. Don Fortini, 14. Thomas Thompson, 16. Robert Wellman
Did Not Start: Zach Baldwin
ARDC MIDGETS (20 LAPS)
1. Brett Arndt, 2. Brenden Bright, 3. Alex Bright, 4. Jim Radney, 5. Tommy Kunsman, 6. Brett Warrner, 7. Shawn Jackson, 8. Josh Heckman, 9. Jamie Spears, 10. Ryan Greth, 11. PJ Gargulio, 12, Trevor Kobylarz
Did Not Start: Kameron Morrall, Jason Rice
MINI VANS (10 LAPS
1. Dennis Dorosz, 2. Daryl Sipe, 3. Thomas Thompson, 4. Ken Boose.
|Return-to-Susquehanna Speedway Park News and Results|